Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The MI Guys

While I'm blogging I'm watching the show Spy which I love because it involves all my favorite things: 1) mistaken identity, 2) people that are secretly geniuses, 3) spy agencies! and 4) very tall, well built actors with a sense of humor. It doesn't hurt that all the action is done with a British accent.
So that covers the boys at MI5, now on to MI6. Saw James Bond's Skyfall last weekend which Joy describes as a chick flick. And really there's nothing more thrilling to a chick than Daniel Craig checking his cuff links after jumping onto a moving train while chasing the bad guy. I like action movies, especially when accompanied by clever dialogue and dexterous fighting scenes that are beautifully filmed with continuous camera shots.
Fun Fact: MI means military intelligence and had many divisions which were basically consolidated into MI5 and MI6 after WWII. Conspiracy theorists still think there is a MI17 head office dealing with extraterrestrials. I am eagerly awaiting British Scully and Mulder.

No comments: