So I just found out that I was at the White House celebrating Obama's victory with Joan Baez on Nov. 4th (among thousands of others who thought ticker tape parades should be brought back along with candy pink refrigerators). I have never seen DC so happy. I have never been in a friendlier place. Eat your heart out Disneyland. Here are two videos of places that I went to celebrate on election night. Not having a camera, I've relied on You Tube. Thanks You Tube!
Lastly, I'll never forget being on U street in DC frozen in a moment as we all gathered to listen to Obama's victory speech. People were spilling out of bars, others were blasting it out on speakers from souped up SUVs so we could all hear. Every car honked (including mine) in a three syllable tatoo: O-ba-ma, honk-honk-honk, O-ba-ma.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This DOES look MUCH better than Disneyland!!!! I'm so glad you got to celebrate this new chapter in history! NZ certainly kept tabs on all the latest election news, so we felt relatively informed even if sooooo many miles away.
'Barack' to the future . . .
Post a Comment