Monday, December 15, 2008

Badass at the YMCA

I WISH I was the Badass at the YMCA, but no it wasn't me. There was this guy in his 70s (think Sean Connery) wearing a black speedo swimming laps. He was there before me and he finished just about the same time I did. But while I flopped out of the pool, he jumped out and started doing stomach crunches. Badass style. Because that's how he rolls.

And now a few notes on the pool: 1) Swimming makes me happy. Happier than running laps because its more difficult to get sweaty. 2) I use this time to practice running codes in my head (you know code blue ER type codes) because it gets my heart rate up. 3) Someday through swimming and running codes in my head, I hope to be as svelte as the Village People. Then maybe I too could be a Badass at the YMCA.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oh, the memories of this song! Picture me in pajamas, with bedhead hair, YMCA-ing badass style in my office chair. It's true, except the part about doing it badass style. I am not sure I could really pull that off. Especially with bedhead.