
So Joy's home from the hospital and feeling much better (YAY!) and I've gained a whole new perspective on the hospital floor from the patient's perspective. First, getting meds after 11pm sucks. No one should be woken up at 3am to have antibiotics started. Second, having to wait for your nurse to arrive to unhook you from the IV so you can use the bathroom also sucks. I vow to try to answer those call bells faster if I can. Third, it's amazing the difference good staff makes. I was so impressed by the people at VHC - even the housekeeper was fantastic! And it was so organized. They hid most of the wires, monitors, and equipment behind counters and cupboards, but it was still easy for staff to get too. Definitely a left-brained hospital.
Finally, a picture of my nursing skills: I taped up Joy's IV so she could take a shower. Look how excited she is! If there's one thing I've learned in nursing it's the value of additional tape. And a stylin' hospital gown to make a girl feel pretty.
No comments:
Post a Comment